Monday 1 February 2016

The way I've lost almost half my size

I went in to hospital a size 6 and unconscious.

I came out of hospital almost 3 months later a size 28 and unsteady on my feet, but at least I was still alive.

I decided to start taking an appetite suppressant (Acai Berry) and a detox (Milk Thistle) pill to shrink my belly (the internal organ) for 120 days.

I didn't do anything else then, just slowly started eating less and less because I was fuller sooner.

At the end of the 120 days I'd gone from size 28 to size 24 and I couldn't eat as much any more either.

What used to barely fill me now made me bloated.

It took a while to re-educate my brain that I just couldn't eat as much any more.  What used to barely fill me up, now made me bloated before I'd even eaten half of it.

One take-away lasted 2 days and home cooked food went in to the fridge for the next day's lunch!

After a while I needed to buy size 22 clothes because I wasn't eating as much.

I wasn't doing any exercise either.

I decided that I would only eat until I was full, then stop eating, with one pig-out a year (Christmas).

That's what I've been doing ever since.

I've slowly dropped the clothes sizes over the last decade until we got the pup.

We got Mitzi almost 6 years ago and walking her every morning has been the only exercise I've done.  I walk a minimum of 60 metres with her every morning and any more than that is a bonus but I take her up and down the street at least 3 times every day which has helped me to loose more weight and get healthier, as well as being stedier on my feet.

I'm now so close to being the perfect size for my height and while I still don't know how much I weigh, I'm almost half the clothes size that I used to be when I first came out of hospital!

Yay me!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment