Saturday 25 April 2015

I'm considering...

... phoning a dentist that is literally just down the road from me to make sure of 2 things... first is that they are wheelchair accessible as they are on the 1st floor of the building and secondly to be sure that they are prepared to take on a petrified patient because that's what I am!  If they can honestly answer yes to both of those things and they're taking on new patients, they will find me on the books pretty swiftly!

I used to go to a different place, the other side of the centre but Steve said there were stairs last time we went so I won't be able to get to the appointment if that's the case - that dentist was wonderful but the one I've just found the website of has a Dental Therapist so hopefully they will be good too?  I hope so!

I'm also pondering on taking driving lessons again, but with my brain (yes, I've got one!  :-P) damage, I'm worried that I won't be able to remember what happened the previous lesson or what different road signs mean or whatever and the theory test will be a nightmare with my crappy memory!  I sailed through my first theory test but I was healthy back then!  The closest I got to being ill was colds and hayfever and minor things like that!  I might ask Andrew (my BIL) who he went with because he passed first time!

However, I've also found a page that lists disabled driving lessons instructors around here, but they seem to only be for wheelchairs which I won't be using most of the time, unless I need to go into town to get to meet them or whatever!  It'll be my brain damage that is the biggest disability, not my legs for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment