Saturday 11 April 2015

What do I do please?



There are 3 things to be bought by the end of the year.

The bathroom roof needs to be paid for.
I’ve got 1 credit card that I’d like to pay off.
I want to get Steve a car.

I’ve already put £1500 into the joint account which was originally for Steve’s car but the landlady next door came over last week and said we needed to get our bathroom roof fixed because it was affecting her outside wall.

I got a letter from one of my credit cards this morning giving me an update on how much I still had to pay off.  That’s £2,100.

I want to get Steve a second-hand car to go over and see my mum because we haven’t seen each other since the end of 2010 because neither of us can drive and Steve hasn’t got a car.

So, I’m going to use the money that’s already in the joint account to pay for the roof.  That takes out one expense which leaves me with a clean slate to start from.

I can only do one or the other this year and I’ll do the other next year so it will be totally done by the end of 2016, but do I pay off my credit card first and get Steve’s car next year, or do I get Steve his car this year and pay off my credit card next year?

I’ve already asked Steve and he said “it’s your money, do what you like with it” which really didn’t help… can you help me decide on what to get first please?

No comments:

Post a Comment