Thursday 16 April 2015

What an adventurous 2.5 hours!

I went into town at about 2.30pm but something has come off the belt, so it clips in but doesn't keep me safe if the chair tips over... doesn't keep the belt secure and in one place?  I went over to Assured Mobility who knotted the belt and pointed me to Lloyds Pharmacy.

On my way over there, I was stupid and stopped paying attention to where I was steering the chair and hit a kerb at full speed instead of going 10cm further over to the left where the curb was dropped.  D'oh!

I found the pharmacy and they gave me a phone number to call to get a new bit that I needed.

Then I went into a shoe shop and took most of the display down, trying to turn around.  Talk about embarrassing!

I went sheepishly over to the corner of the outside of Debenhams and called Steve.  I still had half an hour to kill before my optician appointment, so Steve suggested I go back to the shoe shop and stay outside with the shoes and got someone's attention so that I didn't break anything.

Why didn't I think of that?!  lol

I went back, found the shoes in a basket outside the shop and got someone's attention to pay for them... £9.99 instead of £14.99 - bargain!

I then slowly went over to the optician, 10 minutes early but I was seen, tested more thoroughly that I've ever had before, handed over the vouchers to the poor lady who was setting it all up for me to pay and saved over £30!

The poor optician had a hard time doing all the tests because I kept moving and getting paranoid but he was patient with me and we got there in the end!

The result was that I needed new glasses but they'll be ready in a week instead of the 3-4 week wait at Optical Express!

Vision Express have a customer for life with me now!  Also, I won't be so paranoid next time now that I've had it done once and know what to expect now!

No comments:

Post a Comment