Friday 1 August 2014

That was the funniest 10 minutes 44 seconds in a long time!

I've just had a "Windows help desk" woman on the phone and I figured I'd play along this time!

They tried to get me to go to my homepage.

I had "a javascript error"

So the woman started getting flustered and I tried desperately not to burst into laughter.

"I'll just pass you on to my supervisor, Madam" she said

I looked over at Steve and he looked at me quizically.

The supervisor came on to the line

"Have a look on the bottom left of your keyboard, madam, you should see a ctrl key there.  That's your control key.  Press that key and your R key down at the same time"

No friggin chance mate!

I said "I'm getting another error message now!" and tried to control my silent laughter

"OK, press the 4 windows key, that's the one with 4 squares in it, let me know when you've done that"

I did it.

"At the very bottom is a search box, type run in there and click on the go button"

"But I haven't got a go button, just a magnifying glass!" says I, trying not to burst into fits of laughter.

"That's OK madam, click on the magnifying glass... it does the same as the button"

"I've just got an egg timer now" says me.

"let me pass you up to my supervisor madam" says the poor bloke.

The supervisor said pretty much word for word what the previous bloke had said and I repeated what I had said.

He passed me up to his supervisor too.

Same questions and same replies.

I then heard the last bloke calling me a stupid woman and I just had to hang up, I couldn't hold the laughter in any more!  lol

I haven't laughed so much in a very long time!  ROFL

No comments:

Post a Comment